Saturday, January 16, 2010

I'm leaving on a jet plane! Don't know when I'll be back again!

The day has finally come! Today, January 16th 2010, is the day that I make my grand journey to Chile! I won’t quite say goodbye to US soil today because I’m taking a redeye to Miami, but nevertheless excited doesn’t even cut it when trying to describe my emotions. I have been preparing for this trip for an entire year! The other day I told my mom how I can’t really stray from thinking about studying abroad in Santiago for more than five minutes at a time. My life literally has revolved around preparing for this year abroad for months. I’m more than ready to make Chile my new home because it already is such a major part of my life. I literally cannot wait for the moment when my plane finally lands and I step outside the airport to hop into a taxi to take me to my hostel downtown. Yes, I’m leaving the 16th and getting there the 18th. Today is going to be the never-ending day from hell, but I’m prepared. I have a computer full of movies, my iPod, my fuzzy little footy socks, and my neck pillow (that I swear cured me of my I-don’t-sleep-anywhere-but-my-bed-phobia). Also I’m traveling with my friend Mel that I had in two of my Spanish classes last quarter, so I sure we’ll be feeding off each other’s excitement! We’re thinking during our ridiculous 8 hour layover in Miami that we’ll check out the city and maybe even go to Little Havana. Calle 8!

In other amazing news. I GOT MY VISA!!! I literally did everything that I spent months doing trying to get my visa in LA in about one week up here. P.S. my fingerprints finally did come in from the FBI over a month later than expected. Fortunately the San Francisco consulate didn’t have as strict requirements and last week I was able to run around the entire North State like a mad woman. I literally drove all the way to Davis to get a piece of paper for my doctor to fill out. The girl there at first wasn't going to give it to me and I legitimately considered ripping them out of her hands and running. I no joke even looked at my escape route. It was pretty much the biggest hassle ever trying to get that darn thing, but I have it and I’m so relieved!
So to keep in touch with me the easiest way is by email.
withlovebrittany@msn.com
But don’t forget about facebook and if you really want to talk to me like on the phone or even with a webcam download a program called Skype. It’s absolutely free and all you need is an internet connection and a microphone.
My Skype name is brittynic. Add me!
Last but not least, not that I really expect it, but if you’d like to send me a letter or package I’ve been told its best to send it to the UC study center instead of my host family’s address (which I don’t even know right now).
Programa Universidad de California
PUC-CHILE Campus Oriente Ave.
Jaime Guzmán 3300
Nuñoa Santiago, Chile

That’s all for now! I’ll miss everyone so much. Stay in contact! Next post will be from Chile!

Los quiero mucho! Chausito! =*

No comments:

Post a Comment